German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 6 weeks a friend of mine has been bringing his 4 month old female mini terrier mix over to help socialize Dexter and his puppy. They even sleep together. Last week he came over after a 2 week absence. My shih tzu female was in heat and started barking at his terrier, my poodle mix joined in and so did Dexter. I had to take my female to another room to calm the dogs down. I let Dexter and the terrier outside alone where he proceeded to smell her and started to play as usual. Did he not remember her? How often does she have to come over so that he does recognize her?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I got a Rott for my mom a long time ago, brought her into the house with my two dogs and they got along great. My mom took the Rott, she didn't see my dogs for two weeks and she wanted to eat them. They never played together again:( It was sad, because my dog was so excited to see her.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona remembers her mom. She sees her once a month at least. My mom has Fiona's littermate sister. They were apart for 3 months and it is like they never left. Fiona also sees at least 2 of her other littermate sisters at training 2x a month. They all remember each other. Fiona also has a boyfriend she remembers. A friend of mine has a GSD that is 6 months older than Fiona. They met when she was 4 months old. They see each other every other month and they just pick up where they left off.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The dogs Lara has met before are the only ones she doesn't bark at, that's how I know she remembers them :p Usually it takes about 30 minutes for her to get to know and remember them.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
About a year after I got Apache, we went to an event that 3 or 4 of his siblings were going to be at. Normally he would have been a bit barky at new dogs, when we walked up to everyone all the dogs were wagging their tails and acting all excited. We went on a hike and you could clearly tell they knew each other and were having so much fun.
I used to bring Lakota to visit her siblings, they all remembered each other. She only sees my friends dog once in a while but they remember eah other.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl has a little mixed breed girlfriend a few blocks from here that we see on out walks. She remembers Charline from previous meetings.

There is also a very submissive little Yorkshire Terrier a few blocks in the other direction. She remembers him too. Every time they meet he rolls over on his back. He's very calm and laid back. He used to bark at me on my commute to work, but I stopped to pet him one day and he's never barked at me since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts