German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whenever i take my sable pup out we are always asked by the general public, if hes a coyote, or if hes mixed with wolf? When I rescued Dex he came with two other siblings, both black and tan. The first two homes i found for them wanted the black and tan pups only, but not him because of his color. So we decided to keep him.

I was just wondering if other owners of sables get the same reaction?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Some ask me what kind of dog is Lisl. Most around here have never heard of, or have seen a sable GSD.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kids always ask me if Jade is part coyote. :rolleyes: Adults just ask what kind of dog she is, although a few have know that she is a GSD

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Lisl's floofies . I hope I spelled that right. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Whenever i take my sable pup out we are always asked by the general public, if hes a coyote, or if hes mixed with wolf? When I rescued Dex he came with two other siblings, both black and tan. The first two homes i found for them wanted the black and tan pups only, but not him because of his color. So we decided to keep him.

I was just wondering if other owners of sables get the same reaction?
ALWAYS!!! Ugh.. I get quite annoyed when people try to tell me what my dog is.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
that dog looks mixed- with a jackrabbit. I do get asked if my dark sable is a mutt, someone called her an Aussie. I think a dark sable looks kinda like a rott/shepherd.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yup. It was worse when Kaylee was small and her pattern wasn't obvious; she's a saddle pattern so now she just looks like a fadey kinda normal. But when she looked so wild that her registered middle name is actually Coyote. ;) My boy is a dark sable and people just call him a police dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts