German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog seems to have a lot of eye gunk lately.It does not seem to bother him(no pawing at eyes)gunk clear and sticky.Just to note my eyes have been gunky itchy too-bad pollen year in northeast.Rather than double post can food affect eye gunk if recent change of diet has occured and GREAT improvement in overall energy-poops and coat?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yes they can have allergies. Elle and Emma's eyes get bad when the lawn is mowed. Call your vet and see if there is any meds they can give him, even Benedryl helps, but you'll need to call the vet to see what dosage you can give him. Best wishes.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: ttalldogcan food affect eye gunk if recent change of diet has occured
Yes, I think it can but some of the more experienced should be able to answer your question with more details.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Originally Posted By: ttalldogMy dog seems to have a lot of eye gunk lately.It does not seem to bother him(no pawing at eyes)gunk clear and sticky.Just to note my eyes have been gunky itchy too-bad pollen year in northeast.
Absolutely. IF it's really pollen, sometimes some artificial tears will help keep the eyes lubricated and cleaned out. Our Max will stick his entire head in a bush to smell it, and during certain times of the year, that will increase the eye gunk and also set him up for getting an eye infection, unless I keep them cleaned out.

Quote:Rather than double post can food affect eye gunk if recent change of diet has occured and GREAT improvement in overall energy-poops and coat?
Another absolutetly. It can be *extremely* dramatic.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
The pollen is horrible this year! I've had a sinus headache for weeks and Morgan's eyes are full of goop every morning. Her vet gave me something for pollen allergies several years ago, don't recall what it was. I DID NOT like her bad behavior when she took it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts