German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators please move this if it is in the wrong section.

The rescue I help recently DNA tested some of their dogs. It was my understanding that these tests are pretty accurate. Now several people here say they are not.... I'm not quit sure I understand why they wouldn't be.

Here are the dogs that were tested and some photos. What do you think they are?

and the thread that started this conversation is... http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/244218-can-someone-help-me-figure-out-what-my-dog-mixed.html

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I've seen dogs that look like this that were Pug / Beagle crosses. Seems that people went wild creating breeds and then coined cutesy names - Puggles, and Muggles , and Peagles --- now mind you the ones I saw were very healthy , and had a nose which allowed them to breath and eyes that didn't pop out , so physically better than the pug extremes

I don't put much value into those breed DNA kits . When you have mixes stating they are wolfhound and clumber spaniels , where there may be 3 in the entire country -- when there are better chances there is Bearded Collie and some Lab !!! This is a test that came back . The person who had this dog , Chauncy , knew the parents --- they owned the parents . The Beardie is an agility dog and the Lab is the husbands duck hunting dog . --- both purebred -- accidently breeding -- 4 offspring , kept one, others went to family members , one is employed for fashion shots , another goes to school and is a reading - therapy dog .
They did the DNA for a lark - since the dog can't have registration , they wanted some "papers" - the dogs are spayed / neutered --- The male Beardie is neutered now.

·
Registered
910 Posts
It has some resemblance to my friend's rescued "puggle", but since that's been said, I'm going to guess

Pug/Lab?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pit and corgi? :)
IDK the shelter had them listed as GSD mixes but I've spent some time with them and I don't see any GSD in there.

DNA said Boxer and Boston. With min poodle, border collie, & corgi was in there but it was a very small amount.

Thanks Jean for the link. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts