I decided to get my first 4-year old female GSD DNA tested for DM through DDC veterinary. Test results came in today and she is at risk (2 copies of the DM mutation). I am absolutely devastated and have been crying all day. The reason I got her tested was because I wanted to know if she was at risk or not. She does not show any symptoms currently besides having a little difficulty getting up but this is mainly because she is overweight (90lbs) but now I am thinking this could be an early symptom of DM. My goal is to get her down to at least 70-75 lbs. I got her hips x-rayed a year ago and she has good hips. She currently gets MSM powder, dasuquin & cosequin and Bayer's free form snip tip fatty acid capsules daily. She gets Ester C occasionally but I will start giving it to her daily. My sweet princess was a birthday gift from an ex-partner and I have no idea who her parents were. Is there anything I can do NOW besides the obvious of getting her to lose weight? Although I cannot prevent the disease from coming, I want to do everything I possibly can to make my baby healthy. Thank you.