German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - so I've been looking online for a DIY grooming place where you can bathe your own dog. Haven't come up with anything yet: every place I've found has been in the Boston area or the Cape.

Anyone in central Massachusetts know of a place like this? I'm not comfortable taking Max to a groomer, because I'm trying to de-stress him. Yet we really need to bathe him with our special shampoo to try and curb his itching. Doing it at home is a PAIN and a mess, because our fixtures in the bathroom don't work with one of those hand-held extensions and getting him in and out of the bath is just plain difficult. He also is FREAKED OUT by the hair dryer.

If anyone knows of anything (or has suggestions) please let me know.

Thanks!

·
2,967 Posts
If you have a PetCo nearby, you can use their grooming facilities for $10 or $15.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
what about zooming grooming they come to your house

They have a few in Brockton and East bridgewater
sorry I wish I could help you

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: JKlatskyIf you have a PetCo nearby, you can use their grooming facilities for $10 or $15.
Really? I didn't know that.

Of course our other concern is the fact that Max is dog-aggressive, so he'd need his own personal space.

Dawn - I think I found one place that comes to the home but forgot the name. I didn't even consider them - assumed it would be expensive.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The way it is done here in WA at PetCo is that they have a grooming station right inside the door of the bathing place-my boy is dog aggressive too and I had no problems and that was with taking two in at the same time. They do have to walk the other dogs past where we do our bathing at, so I make sure we go at a time when they are the least busy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Although it would be a long drive for you, there are several car washes around here that have a dog wash booth on the side. I haven't taken Bear to one yet, but stopped to check it out one day. It's just like a pet grooming salon, with tables, restraint's if needed, all coin operated. Great idea! You can check in the phone book where you are, there should be an in home grooming business somewhere near you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. There are no Petcos near me with self-service grooming. And I can't even see if PetSmart offers it at all.

I'll keep looking....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts