German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have bred my female German Shepherd for the first time and had a question about some red to reddish-brown discharge she is emitting. I had read that some discharge like this was normal for up to eight weeks after the pups were born. However, I am new to breeding and wondered if someone with more experience could weigh in on this. It is 7 weeks now and my dog is still emitting a discharge that varies from dark reddish-brown to brighter red. I cannot tell if it is coming from her vagina or from her urinary tract. Is this kind of discharge normal so long after birth? Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
Ask your vet during the examination

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Not normal to me after the first week. Does she have a fever? Does the discharge smell? How is her appetite, behavior and energy levels? I would take her to the vet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not normal to me. Does she have a fever? Does the discharge smell? How is her appetite, behavior and energy levels? I would take her to the vet.
She otherwise is healthy; good appetite, good energy, normal behavior. But I will need to go by the vet if this continues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts