German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any home remedies or products that can be used to discourage my pup from digging in the yard and also chewing on whatever he can get his mouth on. My biggest fear are the power cords.

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lots of good things to chew on! Make sure that the puppy is always supervised, and if someone can't keep and eye on him, put him in his crate.

Puppy proof your home! Pick up anything that you don't want the puppy to chew on put it out of reach. If the puppy does try to chew on something bad, redirect them with an appropriate chew toy.

As for the digging up the yard, do not leave the puppy outside unsupervised and if they do start to dig, redirect them with a game or toy.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
There are no remedies or products. It's either training or crating.

Like Abby said, lots of toys. It should look like a two year old lives at your house with the amount of toys I would have.

And do have. Or rather, Lisl has.

Make sure your puppy knows what is hers and what is yours. If she goes after something of yours, a firm NO! and a redirect to one of her toys if what you should be doing.

This means spending a lot of time with your puppy to teach her. She doesn't know that $200 pair of work boots are yours and she shouldn't be chewing on them unless you teach her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts