German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyday we work with both dogs, playing, training, letting them play together etc. Last night after dinner I asked DH (in front of Rocky) if he wanted to walk the dogs. Previously DH told me Rocky doesnt understand walk, he just hears go. I was very specific to not say go in front of Rocky. Rocky of course heard walk and went to the top of the stairs, so I looked at DH and said are you sure it is go that he understands so well? LOL Needless to say at that point there was no turning back, because Rocky will not forget he heard walk. LOL

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I mess with sarge sometimes like that. ill be talking about something, then, through in words I know he knows. Those radar ears start to tune in for something else he knows. Then I'll use the words more often and I get that head **** thing. After a few more times hes sitting right in front of me like, ok, so what are we doing!!! lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
All I have to do is put my tennis shoes on and Tessa thinks she gets to go somewhere! She hates it when I leave w/o her so she will make a nuisance of herself - sits in front of the door to the garage with her head tilting first one way then the other, her butt hovering above the floor!

Heaven forbid I add the work WALK into the mix!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
If I want sarge to absolutely go insane!!! I just have to ask him..wanna go for a ride and get a treat!! That means either we'er going to McDonalds for a plain cheesburger or going to dairy qeen for some ice cream. I have to be careful to have my shoes on and ready to go before asking that question..lol

Patience is not one of his strong suites..lol

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
They're smart dogs... bet your DH is scratching his head for other words the dog knows...

Morgan can't hear walk without racing to the back door and bouncing around like she's part kangaroo. If it takes too long to get the kids in their shoes, she takes their shoes outside. Nuts, she's just nuts.

I can't touch her leash either. If I bump it on it's hook by the back door, she dances around.

Her new word is Angus (as in Black Angus). She knew all the other words, steak, BBQ, grillin', red meat. A few weeks ago we cleaned out the grill for a nice steak I had, calling it Angus so she wouldn't turn into a kangaroo when the kids asked what's for dinner. We've had steak 2 times since and I think she's on to me that Angus means really good steak.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Oh yeah, all it takes is closing the laptop, or the shutdown music to play, and they're all up from a zonk in a heartbeat and dancing, ready to rock.

If I actually use that "walk" word, it's howling too!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL all I have to do is grab a pair of socks and my nikes and Rocky is dancing.

I just thought the walk thing was really funny. I kept telling DH he knew what walk was. LOL He knows lots of words, but I love being able to prove DH wrong LOL

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally Posted By: butch33611If I want sarge to absolutely go insane!!! I just have to ask him..wanna go for a ride and get a treat!! That means either we'er going to McDonalds for a plain cheesburger or going to dairy qeen for some ice cream. I have to be careful to have my shoes on and ready to go before asking that question..lol

Patience is not one of his strong suites..lol
Rocky is impatient too. If I say Cheese, he is sitting in front of the fridge. If I open the door he has no problem at all showing me where the cheese is. LOL

They are so smart, and entertaining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts