German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup and I are settled. I was concerned about getting a puppy at my Senior (60) age but, now that the dust has settled (she's 1 1/2 yrs now) - I can see how perfect she is for me.

We are on the same team, in the same boat rowing - however you want to describe it - we are in harmony from Sunrise to Sunset:D She's content and happy and so am I. We laugh and do crazy several times a day and we nap with paw or arm flung over each other and snooze. We "talk" like crazy, we complain, we do happy talk - it's all there.:)

Her time is her time and she holds me to it every day. Ball, walk, explore new things, training - hang in the shop - if I deviate my normal healthy routine - she parks her but in my line of vision and stares me down until I do what I should be doing:eek: She and I are having some major disagreement about getting up in the morning and the time change, but we're compromising and meeting halfway (6:00am):eek:

My weird life has been anything but normal BUT - I've always managed to get stupid lucky with my dogs...... I will just thank the powers that be for that.

For me, the GSD has proven to be the dog for me. From 5 years old, till the day I die - they have been by my side and kept me happy, responsible and healthy:) Anyway, just wanted to try to say, what an amazing walk it has been for me with this breed.:):):)

·
Registered
577 Posts
That is an absolutely wonderful testament to the breed. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Stonevintage, it sounds like this particular pup is your heart dog. I am glad that you found her and that your relationship with her is so fulfilling. It's so wonderful to be able to connect in that way. :)

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh Carmen you slay me - ROF But it's true! We are in the process of making "friends" with the squirrel. I am using the LAT technique - standing right under the tree with the Squirrel 5 feet above me and Summer right next to me. I, like an idiot am having happy toned conversations with the squirrel and Summer. Summer is calming down about the squirrel. I think now that the leaves are off the tree and she can see, the running blur mystery is getting less exciting for her.

Yes, she is a heart dog. I'm sitting here with so much mud under my fingernails from just playing ball in the rain with her. She don't care - ball must be played! They do keep you busy and that's great:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
My pup and I are settled. I was concerned about getting a puppy at my Senior (60) age but, now that the dust has settled (she's 1 1/2 yrs now) - I can see how perfect she is for me.

We are on the same team, in the same boat rowing - however you want to describe it - we are in harmony from Sunrise to Sunset:D She's content and happy and so am I. We laugh and do crazy several times a day and we nap with paw or arm flung over each other and snooze. We "talk" like crazy, we complain, we do happy talk - it's all there.:)

Her time is her time and she holds me to it every day. Ball, walk, explore new things, training - hang in the shop - if I deviate my normal healthy routine - she parks her but in my line of vision and stares me down until I do what I should be doing:eek: She and I are having some major disagreement about getting up in the morning and the time change, but we're compromising and meeting halfway (6:00am):eek:

My weird life has been anything but normal BUT - I've always managed to get stupid lucky with my dogs...... I will just thank the powers that be for that.

For me, the GSD has proven to be the dog for me. From 5 years old, till the day I die - they have been by my side and kept me happy, responsible and healthy:) Anyway, just wanted to try to say, what an amazing walk it has been for me with this breed.:):):)

I don't think this is luck, you're obviously a person who brings out the very best in every dog you've ever owned.
That's a gift from the powers that be.

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think this is luck, you're obviously a person who brings out the very best in every dog you've ever owned.
That's a gift from the powers that be.
Thanks Findlay! That's something to ponder, or maybe not - just be happy, warm and fuzzy about it:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts