German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound really paranoid but this evening I took Nads out to play since she just woke up and was full of energy. So I grabbed her tug and bite pillow and headed out. I let her pick which one she wanted to play with first and she chose the pillow. We were playing less than five minutes when I told her to 'out' she did and as I lifted the pillow up to carry it she leapt at it unexpectedly and actually got up to my shoulders but she was unable to get a solid grip and she twisted in the air and landed hard on her side with a loud yelp. I immediately dropped the toy and rushed to her, she got up and was quite shaken. I grabbed the toy and hung it on the "toy tree" so it wouldn't be a distraction while I looked her over. She seemed ok but her right hind seemed to swing in under her belly. She wanted to continue playing but I called it a day and went in to get my dad's opinion. He said she looked fine but I don't know I feel bad and am worried I just screwed something up. I didn't mean for her to jump so high.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
It happens. Don't beat yourself up. If she is moving around ok wait until morning and see how she is then. The yelp may have just been startled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts