German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm hoping someone has some insight into this.

My 1yr old GSD started having soft stools about a 2 weeks ago. About a week ago it turned to diarrhea. It is possible that started when I gave him a raw marrow bone(I was unaware the effects it could have right off the bat).
So a few days ago, by my trainers advice, I fasted him for 24 hours then gave him a bland diet for 2 days.
His stools hardened up so yesterday I mixed in some of his kibble to the bland diet for breakfast and for dinner it was back to the kibble. This morning we back to soft stools.
Pumpkin hasn't worked. His kibble is Merrick and he has been on it for about 6 months without any problems. His energy level is great! He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable ever.

I'm lost. I'm leaning towards the vet but wanted to see if someone had any experience with this first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My kids pick up microbes from time to time, I give them an antiseptic type of medicine for a few days and they are fine. I just finished getting 2 puppies back to good health so I'm very observant for diarrhea these days. I've also heard to try pepto bismol. I would also suggest keeping him on boiled chicken and rice for more days and see how it is. Tummys take awhile to straighten out. Does he drink water? Does he have a temp? Even adult dogs need to be hydrated....hope he's better by now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts