German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,604 Posts
Stosh had most of those same ailments- the only thing that helped was brown rice with rinsed ground beef, then I added his regular dry kibble, grain free Nature's Variety. Seems he couldn't tolerate chicken. All I can tell you is with after all the meds and treatments for the parasites, worms, excessively high bacteria levels, it all worked out and now he's fine. Oh, and I did restrict everything he could ingest- no pig's ears, bully sticks, etc, just let him chew nylabones, puppy Kong, stuff like that. Hang in there, try a grain and chicken free kibble, stick with cooked beef and brown rice- see what happens

· Registered
9,604 Posts
I agree with bocron about free feeding- definitely go to set meal times. I kept food out for Stosh all the time because he needed to gain after being sick but it backfired- he got to be a picky eater so I tried all kinds of things and it just made it worse. When he stayed at a kennel for 5 days they fed him twice a day and the woman called and asked if she could increase his food because he inhaled it so fast. I couldn't believe it. Now he's on 2 set meals, he knows when they're coming and for the first time is eager to eat and actually finishes it. If your pup really needs to gain, you might want to make a batch of satin balls as a temporary measure to add weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.