German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the quick layout, Ritz 2 yr old had watery diarrea, no blood just straight water. Took her to the vet with a stool sample, nothing! said they wanted to send out sample for further testing.
they put Ritz on a rice,hamburger,cottage cheese diet with antibiotics, and probiotics. The diarrea has STOPPED!! shes on 3 meals aday of the above diet,she has been eating,drinking and playing as normal but she is not pooping. thoughts please! 1 bowel movement since Sun. morn and it was slimey yellowish brown in color

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Heres the quick layout, Ritz 2 yr old had watery diarrea, no blood just straight water. Took her to the vet with a stool sample, nothing! said they wanted to send out sample for further testing.
they put Ritz on a rice,hamburger,cottage cheese diet with antibiotics, and probiotics. The diarrea has STOPPED!! shes on 3 meals aday of the above diet,she has been eating,drinking and playing as normal but she is not pooping. thoughts please! 1 bowel movement since Sun. morn and it was slimey yellowish brown in color
Don't know what you were feeding in the way of kibble, but this diet is REAL food and her body is probably absorbing/utilizing it! Many years ago when I switched my dogs to a raw diet, they didn't poop for 3 days and were each eating about 3 pound each per day!
When they finally did, it was the size of a rabbit!
When you start the kibble again, try adding canned pumpkin (NO spices) to her kibble and continue with the digestive enzymes and pro-biotics.
Just don't let it go on too long before you ask the vet.
:)

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Thanks MOM!!! shes acting normal in every way.
U R most welcome!
Maybe you should consider a raw diet????;)
Another way to do a partial raw diet is with The Honest Kitchen "PREFERENCE" (a base mix) to which you must add fresh meat (raw or cooked) for a complete balanced diet. It's dehydrated so don't be shocked by the price! 7 pounds re-hydrates to 24 pounds of food = $54.00. All Natural Dog Food - Dehydrated Pet Food | The Honest Kitchen
Let me know if you decide to and I can help!
Moms :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts