German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've been spending time every day this week teaching Dexter the "Bang! You're dead" trick. For the first two days we only got blank stares and the occasional handshake. Some patience later, and today he did it perfectly!
No we're all amped to teach him new tricks. Any suggestions?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
So we've been spending time every day this week teaching Dexter the "Bang! You're dead" trick. For the first two days we only got blank stares and the occasional handshake. Some patience later, and today he did it perfectly!
No we're all amped to teach him new tricks. Any suggestions?

Are you following any videos on how to teach this trick?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I swear with my puppy he's like :confused: *gives paw* :confused: *don't you want to handshake?* when it's time to learn a new trick.

You could try to teach him to put his toys away, act shy, limp, and crawl :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
@neko yes i found two vids on youtube...will find the links and post them if you're interested?

Very interested, I had Zeus for 1 and a half weeks and we already know: come here, name, sit, shake, (working on up and down) , and wait (for his meal).

So much fun he is like a little sponge.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its fun to spice the play dead trick up too!

We recently graduated a Trick dogs class and decided to do an old west shootout for graduation. We dressed up in costumes, my puppy and I had "guns" and we stood back to back (I) walked three paces, turned and SHOOT! with her dropping to the ground.
Sometimes just adding a few silly things can make a trick much more fun.

Spinning in a circle is easy and fun, also teaching how to follow your hand through your legs as you walk (weave in and out) is pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Man,I feel like a dunce. Fiona will be 10 months tomorrow and still does not shake. Arghh. Maybe I should show her video of all the younger dogs doing it. Instead of shaking my hand, when I say shake she tries to eat my hand.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Ugh .. I think that hamster actually got hit and knocked out .. he wasn't playing. As to tricks, never been big on them. Maybe I should research some that will work with a 'dignified' dog like a GSD. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts