German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stark seems to ask me for things by licking. Almost every morning when he needs to go out he comes over to the bed and desperately licks on or near my mouth. I don't know how else to explain it but to call it desperate licking. Its different that any other time he licks us. He will also do it when he is ready to eat; he gets a pill a half hour before his evening meal so he knows when he gets his pill he will be eating shortly. He will do that desperate licking then and also when he brings me a toy that he wants me to throw. Is that some sort of behavior common to GSDs/dogs? I think its cute, just wondering if its something only he does or if others do it too?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona will sit very nicely by what she wants. She will then whine so I see her sitting nicely. She thinks if I sit politely I should get what I want. Her ball is on top of the bookshelf. She sat looking at it yesterday and then whined. I used to give in to this behavior until I realize it was not a good idea. I think GSDs have some quirks. Sounds like licking is his.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
457 Posts
My last girl did this when I was sleeping, and she wanted out. First she would shake her collar to make noise, and if I did not respond she would lick me in the mouth. Nothing like dog kisses to wake you up.lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts