German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could magically create your ideal GSD what would it be? What would be it attributes? Remember this is not a serious thread feel free to go crazy.

My ideal shepherd would be the "couch potato" shepherd, who is happy spending his time lounging about with his owner, and is only super active when convenient for his owner :D 15 to 30 minutes strolls around the block are more than enough to keep the dog fit and content, and on cloudy, rainy or cold days it would be simply happy to remain indoors. Yet this shepherd would still retain its considerable intellect and drive to protect his owner and property. And of course the couch potato shepherd has no health issues and lives for 40 years.

I so get that this type of shepherd can only exist in your dreams and that only old GSDs with bad hips fit that bill. But I can dream right? And no shepherd can live for 40 years... Though again I can dream right

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
My ideal shepherd would be one that does not slop water all over the house. :eek: Jamie drips water all over her bowl, herself, her food,me,the floor, the cats,my freshly vacuumed carpet:crazy:.It seems that GSDs are notorious for sloppy drinking.

Jamie doesn't have a high energy drive(not anywhere as high as Victor's was) so I got pretty lucky with that. She doesn't shed too terribly(nothing I can't handle) so the one real annoying thing is the sloppy drinking.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
One thing only: Knows how to use the toilet.
:rofl:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
My ideal GSD would poop in one place, not sprinkle them around the yard like fairy-dust.

It sounds like you have a walk and pooper? Victor was one of those. Walk and drop, walk and drop, walk some more, walk, walk, drop. :D

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Mine would vacuum the house everyday:)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ohhhh. Otto is my perfect little man... But I would really love it if he stop carrying his bowls around and turning them over. (when there full of water) that drives me crazy. Oh also stop waking me up twice a night to go potty. Those are the only two things that I wish I could fix.....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My dream GSD would be a black and red male with a nice thick coat, large head, shorter ears, 90 lbs., a handsome thick ruff around his neck, and a very defined dark mask. Ok the visual is done...he would:

Be able to talk to me but only me, nobody else could hear him and we could telepathically communicate. He of course would never need a leash and I would never have to worry about him being off lead or out of sight because we could talk to eachother. He would of course know of people I have never seen before that are approachimg me and making me nervous. He would let out a very mean bark but never bite unless I or my family was being physically harmed and never need any training. If a criminal were to get inside the house, he would hide in the dark corner, and spring at them in the dark and eat them and nobody would ever know what happened to the criminal.

He would be so amazing that all the pet stores in the county would give us free dog food of our choice for life. He would also have the ability to be invisable so I could take him to work, or take him ANYWERE, and then become visable on command for protection. He could also use his invisable qualities to seek out and eat child molesters and other sick people in the world. Nobody would ever know what happened to them and he would be saving the world! He could be superdog!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
JustMeLeslie, did your GSD ever grow out of it? Coco does that every single time!
The entire time I had Victor he continued to do this. So no he didn't I don't know if he would have ever stopped he was euthanized at the beginning of this month for severe people aggression.

I do have a minpin that used to walk in circles and do the same thing instead of walking in a line he would go in one big circle doing the walk and drop. He did this for a yr. or two. He did eventually grow out of it. He is now 5 so somewhere in between 2 to 5 he finally stopped it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My perfect GSD would drive my 2 teenagers to all of their after school, evening, and weekend activities, do the laundry, grocery shopping, and make dinner every night!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The perfect GSD would only bark when I needed to be alerted to something important (stray cats and deer don't count). He would want to snuggle with me and limit his kisses to one (instead of trying to wash my whole head). He would be able to watch the house cats wander around the house with complete disinterest, even when they go to use the litterbox. He would only poop when my husband takes him on walks, instead of it always being me that gets lucky.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hahah good idea for a thread. I'd say... A long-haired, tan Shepherd that's the size of a Saint Bernard :] and of course smart, protective, and just a big teddy bear!

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
My perfect german shepherd would cuddle in bed with me one day a month all day (I only drink once a month!!) and not run around the house and cause mayhem while I am feeling bad for myself with a terrible hangover.

(I swear Rocky is the worst on the morning after I go out with friends. I can walk him 4 miles at 10pm before I leave, and by 6am he is waking me up!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts