German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Djinga von Rokanhaus, but you can call me Della. I have been with my family for a few days and I am happy.

I have been out to meet people. I have been great with everyone I met. I met some uniformed police officers yesterday, and I was fabulous. They even had on their guns and I took it in stride.

I also went to town hall and the clerks were playing with me. They even had a few biscuits fro me. We need to go back there tomorrow.

I met a few preschool kids today. Even though I was alsepp in my crate when mom opened it, I was fabulous to everyone. They all commented on how pretty I was. They love my soft fur.

I have been correctly identified by two people: one was the former owner of a Rhodesian Ridgeback and the other had a black German Shepherd just like me.

If you saw me in the house, you wouldn't know I was a working dog. I settle down nicely. I tricked mom into thinking I was easy going.

I grabbed the broom and started prancing around the house with it. Who cares if it is ten times my size. Mom took it from me and tried to sweep the floor. I caught it and she couldn't move it.

I spilled some water and she tried mopping it up with a paper towel, HA! I was chasing after that, too!

Mom has been feeding Pinnacle dog food to me. She started giving me some raw nuggets. I love them. My brothers and sisters don't know what they are missing. Here is the link to the web site:

http://www.primalpetfoods.com/canine/raw_frozen_formula.htm

That is all for now. I just wanted all of you nice people to know what I have been up to.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
make sure to keep Della's diary updated!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yes Della!!! Keep us updated on how well you are training your owners!

Wait till you discover the evil vacuum.... oh, and don't let your humans go in the bathroom alone!!

Let us know how its going!

Heidi

ps.... digging huge holes in the yard is fun!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hey Della,

Nice to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying your new home. I'm sure you will. As you've been told above, wait until you catch the vacuum cleaner. We have nicknamed the vacuum in our house "Eko's girlfriend". When we are going to vacuum, we always ask Eko is he wants to see his girlfriend. He goes nuts. Maybe your vacuum can be your boyfriend??

Carolyn, where did you get the raw nugget dog food? I checked out the site very quickly, and didn't see any retailers.

Have fun with Della!

Greg

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Hi Della!!

Im sure you dont comprehend it yet, but I bet your making your mom sooo happy!!! Way to be meeting and interacting with strangers!! Hope to hear more from your diary

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greg,

I purchased it at "The Dog and The Cat." I call it the doggy boutique.
The owner is wonderful and has a nice selction of items. I have found items in her store at a lower rate than Petco and Petsmart.

She has two full size freezers of raw food.

I was trying to figure out which food to try first, and she suggested that brand because garlic is one of the ingredients. (I read garlic is a natural flea repellant.)

She also as Bison meat and (I believe) will be adding pheasant meat.

Her web site has links and information on some of the items she carries. Here is the link to the web site:
http://www.thedogandcatvt.com

Pet food warehouse is now carrying raw food. I as in a hurry and didn't peruse their selection. They haev a great selection of things and have great sales on food. Please click on the specilas to see their sales. I believe August is Innova month.

Greg I know it is a bit of a drive but you might be able to "buy in bulk" if you ask a few people.

If you call The Dog and the Cat, you can tell her you were referred by Carolyn. (I don't get anything out of it.) She, too, was aware of my predicament.

Carolyn

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Some more rules as view by a puppy

1- If I like it, it's mine.
2- If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3- If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4- If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5- If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6- If I'm chewing something, all the pieces are mine.
7- If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8- If I saw it first, it's mine.
9- If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine

Author unknown to me

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
You forgot number 10!!

<u>If it's broken, It's yours</u>

That one always makes me smile

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style="color: #3333FF">WOW, it has been EXTREMELY HOT HERE!
I DO NOT LIKE THE HEAT...AT ALL!
Mom took me down to the waterfront. It was around 11:30 in the morning. We walked around and then stopped in the field.

Mom tried to get me to play ball and she couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t going anywhere. I finally decide to get the ball and she tried taking a picture. When I brought the ball back, I dropped it and lay down in the shade made by her shadow.
Yes, I am very,very, very SMART.

I met a few people down there. I saw people jogging and stopped to look at them. I didn’t chase them, but I wasn’t scared of them either. I love children and women. Men are OK. I am not afraid of them, but I seem to prefer the company of women and children.

We found a tent and hung out under there for a bit and then we went home. Mom made sure to walk in the grass because she wants to protect my growing bones.

When we went home, I had a surprise for mom. I figured out how to remove the rubber backing/footing on my dish. The amazing thing about it was, the piece was fully intact. Technically, mom destroyed it when she tried to put it back on the bowl.

Here is a list of a few of my casualties: I put a hole in Dad’s socks while he was wearing them, mom’s sleeve on her jacket and I have frayed the ears on my Crackler Catfish. I am going to keep her busy.

I went to schutzhund training and boy did I make mom proud. After she fed me, mom brought me down to the schutzhund field. I met two boys, Macho (13 weeks) and Jip (6 month?). Macho was cool, but Jip is a BRAT!
Jip started to show off. (I know I am a looker and she doesn’t stand a chance.
) He barked and tried to reach me. Mom held me on the leash and Jip’s handler held him, we introduced ourselves and that was that. When his handler pulled him back, he kept barking at me. Mom was sitting in the chair, and I whined for her to pick me up, but she didn’t. I then sat on the floor between her feet and looked around and stopped whining. I remained calm.

Mom decided to take me over to the search and rescue debris pile. I love it over there. As we were going over there, Jip started barking again. I stopped in my tracks and gave him that “Are you talking to me?” look.
[Did, I mention that Jip is a LOT larger than me?] Mom couldn’t believe it. She thinks I am the type of girl who will play nicely until someone is rude. I showed her I am capable of holding my own.

Mom is taking me outside for walks and to use the bathroom. It is very hot and she knows I do not like the heat. As soon as I am finished, I want to go back inside.

OOHHHH! I almost forgot. Dad has been showing me off. He always asks mom if I had a good day. He also wants to try and play with me and hold my leash. Mom told him he is allowed minimal contact until she is sure that I see her as my leader.

I don’t know why she is worried because I am always walking next to her, even if she does not have a hold of my leash.
I am very happy here and mom is very happy with me.

I will probably have a few adventures this weekend.
As soon as it’s over, I will tell you everything.

Later

Djinga “Della” von Rokanhaus
</span></span>

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
i really love these posts! keep it up..and more pics! please della
tell mom to take more pictures!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Dear Della, My name is Cesar & my mom has been reading about you so I decided to write you also! I am a big hunk of a German Shepherd, almost pure black and 80 lbs of muscle at 6 months old! I have been a professional pet sitter since I was 6 weeks old. I hate to brag but I have a LOT of friends! Today I walked with a Maltese, played with a Wheaten Terrier & was bossed around by a big Akita ( I liked it) al by 9 am! you would love my life & my job, I wish you lived near me because I could always use another girlfriend! Your life sounds fun, you are involved in a lot of interesting things which I would like to do also.Being a puppy is fun, being a puppy in a good home is a GREAT, being a puppy who has a job is a dream! Keep us updated!
(they still insist in calling me-) "Baby" Cesar

·
Super Moderator
32,310 Posts
Della, please tell your mom to take lots more pictures! But you have to promise to be a good girl and hold still sometimes so she can get some good ones. You want everyone to see how pretty you are, right?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<span style="color: #006600"><span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>
HI,

Well, Mom took me down to the waterfront this morning. They were having an event so the bike path was closed. We still walked around a little. Mom took me on the dog and I saw some Mallard Ducks. I thought they were pretty interesting.

She tried to get me to walk around on the ferry, but they wouldn’t allow it because there is a restaurant on board (no dogs allowed). My mom was undeterred, she took advantage of the situation and had me walk around on some driftwood. Surfaces are not a problem for me.

Now, the sun is a different story. When the sun is out, I always try to walk in Mom’s shadow. Mom does carry some ice cubes for me. It wasn’t that hot today, though. It was in the sixty’s this morning, but I was still trying to get some shade.

After we left the waterfront, mom took me to the downtown shopping area. By this time I was whining. When we started a walk, mom realized she had left the ice cubes in the car. She stopped and tapped on the glass of a bakery kiosk and the girl told her, “We open at 9:00 AM and pointed at the sign.” Undeterred, my mom said “I want to know if I can buy a cup of ice for my puppy?”. The girl immediately smiled and said “Sure.” [Talk about an immediate attitude adjustment.] She brought a nice wide cup of ice and didn’t charge us. My mom is a firm believer in being polite (if possible) at all costs.

Mom gave me some ice and we walked down to the Farmer’s Market. I was not fazed by the crowd. I was fazed by the cup of ice. We sat on a bench and she started to give me some ice. An older man and his family (grandchildren, daughter, preteen grandsons) came by. He admired me and told my mom I was beautiful. He told us he had a six year old German Shepherd at home. Their dog sounded like and American line German Shepherd because he said she was very big. He told us he hired a trainer and sounded like a responsible dog owner. He even knew what schutzhund was! We said bye to our new friends.

As we were walking we saw another German Shepherd puppy. He was ten weeks old. We greeted each other and he put his paw over my shoulder. I just looked at him. I didn’t snarl but I didn’t submit to him either. Mom and I said bye. She thinks I am an unbelievable little girl.

Mom said it was time to go home because she didn’t want to over do it. As we were leaving she spotted a poodle with his/her family. The poodle was on a stroller. Mom keeps me away from ALL dogs. (Puppies my age are the only exception and they have to be well behaved.) Well, a good thing mom had decided to walk in the grass away from the poodle before it saw us. Now, this poodle is about my size, but he/she had an attitude problem. She made a bee line for me huffing and puffing and barking, but mom has it under control. I was waaayyyyy out of reach. She just gently pulled me and we continued on our way. (What was that silly poodle thinking anyway, I am waaaayyy stronger then he/she is.)

On our way back to the car, I decided to be a brat and sat on the pavement. Mom thought I was urinating and came back to see what was going on. I wasn’t. I just wanted some more shade. Some ladies were sitting down and laughing. They thought I was funny. We went over to meet them and they told me I was beautiful. One lady offered to take me home. I thought she was crazy. My mom, give ME UP? NO WAY JOSE.

On our way home we went through the car wash. I kept looking out the window (from my crate) to see what the ruckus was. I didn’t cry. then we finally went home.

Mom decided to let me rest because she wanted to bathe me today.
First, mom cleaned my ears with the product below:
http://thepuppyshop.com/proearcleaner.html

Then Mom brought me up to the tub and let the water drip. I was fine with that. When she turned the water on I tried to jump out of the tub. I actually escaped once before she lathered me up. I whined and cried and made an interesting sound she had never made before. Mom stayed calm throughout the whole battle. She was able to rinse off the shampoo and the conditioner before I jumped out of the tub. I went to hide between the toilet and the wall. She called me and I came to her immediately.

(Here is the shampoo and conditioner she used:

https://secure.cainandablecollection.com/BathProducts.asp?ID=1000
https://secure.cainandablecollection.com/BathProducts.asp?ID=1022

She bought the lavender and it smells really, really nice.)

Mom then decide to try and clip my nails. She handles my feet all the time, so I was used to that. When she tried to clip my nails, I kept smelling and biting at the clipper. Undeterred she stayed calm until she clipped one of my nails. I know she was concerned about clipping to deeply. I think she is going to bathe and clip my nails at separate times.

So, I am now downstairs in my crate while she cleans the bathroom. I made a terrible mess in there. The only reason she gave me a bath in there is because I haven’t had all my shots yet. She told me we will be going to the dog wash once I have all my shots.

I am pooped, so I am going to take a nap. You guys have a nice day.
</span></span></span>

Della

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
i am such a shmuck
or i have a wild imagination, I always picture that Della is actually writing this or something! keep 'm coming!

1 - 20 of 247 Posts