·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
delete this please

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Do you mean thousands of pictures in ONE thread? That would take forever to load when it was opened.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think its my setting on here that are messed up. The whole first page is like all 2-3 different posters.

Yea something was screwed up. I think i fixed it. I thought like 3 people were making a new post for each picture...lol. It had them organized by poster not newest first. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Just so you know, I actually do this on the other forum and I have found that I get not that many replies and views doing it that way. I think if you want people to notice your pictures, you kind of have to make a new thread each time. I think my updates to my picture thread are often overlooked.

Unless I am misunderstanding your question??

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I notice when I make a thread, I end up talking to myself. LOL

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
It looks like there's a glitch in the Pictures forum - it's sorting alphabetically rather than by date. I put up a thread in the mod forum about it, but it might be something that shepherds has to fix rather than admin.

In the meantime you can get it to view correctly by clicking on the Last Post column.

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
Just so you know, I actually do this on the other forum and I have found that I get not that many replies and views doing it that way. I think if you want people to notice your pictures, you kind of have to make a new thread each time. I think my updates to my picture thread are often overlooked.
I don't think that's what he means, but I agree with you. People may not realize that new pictures have been added and that they should view the thread again to see them if they've already read the thread previously. Also, one long thread with pictures being added continually can take a long time to load, even with a fast internet connection.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a vbulletin forum myself for a drag racing site.... in the control panel (for admins) you can change the forum default. It looks like it is set on listing stuff by the person who started it.... not the post date. They will need to change this. I clicked on this picture section and seen like 10 posts form the same person and was like....wow. and then after that there was 10 posts by a different person... I thought everyone was creating a new post for each pic...lol.

Speaking of this glitch... I just had some problems with my site yesterday also... It was donw for a whole day. Some stuff magically changed. Weird. I think the spammers are getting smarter.

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
Bomber, this is definitely new, it was not set up this way, although we've had this issue crop up before in other forums. I've done a notification so it will be fixed when someone is online who can take care of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts