German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just wondering if it is ok to do this we wanted to have our dog on a raw diet as he was when we got him
from the breeder but couldn't keep him on raw because our son and my husband are immune compromised and cannot be around the raw so we are doing the following.

Morning feed - 1/2 cup Dehydrated Raw NRG Salmon mixed with 1 tbs green beef tripe.

Afternoon Feed - 1 cup Orijen/ Blue Buffalo large breed puppy
kibble mixed with 2 tbss fresh pet vital.

Evening Feed - 1/2 cup Dehydrated Raw NRG Salmon mixed with 1 tbsTripett green beef tripe.

He is 12 weeks old and weighs 28 pounds we are currently feeding him 1 cup 3 times a day but will be switching to 2 times soon. We had to add the tripe and vital to his feeds because he was not eating his food.

I would keep him only on the NRG and tripe but it is a little pricey at $250 for 20 pounds so I was hoping to switch morning and night feeds like I am doing but was wondering if that is ok or I I should just stay with one kind o food?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I imagine it would be fine, so long as all the proportions were right.

I started feeding Ozzy the Instinct kibble with Raw Boost. It's grain free kibble with freeze dried raw bits in it.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
why not just use Orijen ?

once rehydrated what does that 20 pounds restore to and what is it then at a per pound cost. 20 pounds I would guestimate should convert to 50 pounds moist?? for $250 dollars ?

·
Registered
632 Posts
We use Stella and chewys dehydrated parties with our Acana kibble. We break it up and use the S&C as an enticer. We've asked a lot of people, including our vet, and he says its a non-issue

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts