German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about adding raw meat to a dehydrated food, and how that affects the percentage of protein.

For example, Honest Kitchen Embark packaging says 29% protein. If I add ground turkey to it, what does that do to the percentage of protein?

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
I have a question about adding raw meat to a dehydrated food, and how that affects the percentage of protein.

For example, Honest Kitchen Embark packaging says 29% protein. If I add ground turkey to it, what does that do to the percentage of protein?
Kat Pennick from The Honest Kitchen gave me the ratios as follows:
For every 1 dry cup of Thrive, Love or Embark, you can add ½-1 cup of meat. Then, to compensate for the meat, you will want to reduce the dry mix by ¼ - ½ cup.
Example: 5 cups of Thrive (DRY) reduced to 3.75 cups then add 2.5 cups of ground meat.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

So.... if I add in meat at this ratio, do the overall protein numbers stay the same?

I'm clueless. I'm just trying to determine what happens to the percentage of protein if you add meat. Does it increase dramatically? Stay the same? Lower? Does a lower 21% protein meal become a high protein meal?

Help!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
Thank you!

So.... if I add in meat at this ratio, do the overall protein numbers stay the same?

I'm clueless. I'm just trying to determine what happens to the percentage of protein if you add meat. Does it increase dramatically? Stay the same? Lower? Does a lower 21% protein meal become a high protein meal?

Help!! :)
Check your pm in a few minuets :)

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts