·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excellent local temp. foster available if reputable rescue can committ.

·
Registered
668 Posts
If only he could be brought here to Colorado, we'd foster him as we're approved through FRGSR here. I sure hope he makes it out of there. He's so beautiful.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
e-mail circulating which says this boy is extremely urgent and has no time. he is beautiful.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Offer by experienced rescue person to temp foster for reputable rescue...it buys time / saves money if time needed to make transport arrangements, etc..............

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....and back up to the top sweetie :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
I sent an email to our foster coordinator here for the Front Range German Shepherd Rescue here in Denver asking how far away they take dogs from. This guy is in Atlanta, right? Holy jeez, that's 1,400 miles to here... I really wish there was something we could do to help him out. I really hope he's given more time, that a rescue somewhere near there gets him, something...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decatur Ga...I have to find out where that is.

Thank you for caring and trying.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you're right...on map looks like it's near Atlanta

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My rescue friend (that offered to temp foster) broke down and pulled...

"He is so sad. Very thin, muscles atrophied from poor nutrition, ear infection/mites in both ears. He has scaring on the tips of his ears so he's obviously been a yard dog. He also hits the ground cowering if you try to pet his head so odds are someone hit him. He is still so docile and sweet. He does love the ladies and has been trotting after the girlie dogs quite full of himself. Odds are he will be heartworm positive."

will still need rescue and help. Will send her this link.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My rescue friend (that offered to temp foster) broke down and pulled...

"He is so sad. Very thin, muscles atrophied from poor nutrition, ear infection/mites in both ears. He has scaring on the tips of his ears so he's obviously been a yard dog. He also hits the ground cowering if you try to pet his head so odds are someone hit him. He is still so docile and sweet. He does love the ladies and has been trotting after the girlie dogs quite full of himself. Odds are he will be heartworm positive."

will still need rescue and help. Will send her this link.
My heart cheered for your friend's help. Not as nearly thankful as that dog will be. It's a shame he's led such a life, but hopefully this is a wonderful turning point for him. I can imagine the cuteness about him being so confident around the ladies haha!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Finally got my password reset, I have this guy and he is settling in. We have a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon so we'll find out then exactly what we're in for medically. If anyone wants to help with him, please shoot me a PM. He is a sweet old guy and learning to trust/starting to follow me around.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm so glad you got him out of there, gtigger! Hope he gets better and that more help comes.

Too bad I can only help with good thoughts. :(

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I hope so too. It's nice seeing him learn to trust, he seems to be coming around quickly which makes us very happy.
Great save, thank you! He knows he is in safe hands, must be a good feeling for him. What are you going to call him?

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
258 Posts
His name is now Bing. We are waiting on his bloodwork results but he is heartworm positive. The vet said 6-8 yrs old. Also arthritic in his hind end, so he has some medicine for that (pending good blood work). He also has some pain meds and wormer to take care of his whipworms. And ear medicine for the inflammation, his ears are not that bad now but seem to be painful from chronic infections.The vet did say what a great dog he was :) Very good even when poking him and messing with his painful ears.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts