German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this but since all of us own dogs and most shed I thought this might be helpful.
I got an e-mail from Dogster about a new Dyson section on their web board. If you join this group you can receive up to 45% off their vacuum cleaners. I didn't believe it but I signed up and got a discount code, went to the Dyson website picked the DC28 Animal which is the newest one and retails for 599.99 I put in the code and the new cost was 329.99. Which is 45%. The same is true for the DC25 Animal, which is the ball version. I'm not sure if it applies to any of their other models.
You have to sign up for the group by November 20 or 21st. I'm not sure. But you have until December 31 to purchase the Dyson on-line.
I thought this was a great deal and thought some of you dog lovers might like to know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats a great buy on the vaccum, I paid full retail for mine. I would suggest another vaccum after using this one for about a year now. I think my Eureka was a better machine by a narrow margin.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I used one of those 20% off coupons that come in the mail from BB&B. It says it's not to be used for vacuums, but everybody does, and so did I (DC07). This was in November one year and on the shelf next to the vacuum was a "rebate" card for a $100 BB&B gift certificate! I really made out that day. Instead of about $400, I got it for $320 and got to spend $100 on stuff I wouldn't normally buy for myself.

45% off is WAY better, though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally Posted By: Sima's DadWhich one did you get?
The Dyson Animal, purple. Not a bad machine, I simply am questioning the value after a year of owning. I am festidious about my vaccum. I clean the brushes once a month, and restore it to new about every quarter. That makes a difference with any vaccum over time. I just don't know if I would buy this machine again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking about getting the DC28 animal. The newest one it is regular 599.99 with the discount it is 329.99.
I did find out it is only for the dc28, dc25 and dc31 all for owners with pets.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally Posted By: Sima's DadI'm thinking about getting the DC28 animal. The newest one it is regular 599.99 with the discount it is 329.99.
I did find out it is only for the dc28, dc25 and dc31 all for owners with pets.
Mine is a DC14 Purchased in 2008. I paid 499.00 if I recall correctly. I think the machine is worth 329.00. I purchased mine when I needed a vaccum, and did not have time to search for any kind of deal, and the two shops I visited did not have any available.

I just performed a search of the DC14 Animal and it is now 249.00, surprise, surprise, clearly the new model has revolutionized vaccuming, and is now and always will be the best! Wait, that is what I was told.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought the purple one a few years ago . . wouldn't reccomend it. Not for the $$ you spend. Buying a new Hoover every couple years is cheaper and works better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts