German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my pup at 12 weeks. All good, totally calm cuddle bug. Stayed that way for some time. Now at 4.5 months has become an explosion. At near 70 pounds all muscle and rip and tear 24/7. Can't destroy, run or create enough havock. Seriously I can't afford more repairs. Help me contain him b4 he's full grown
THANK YOU

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you have him on a high carbohydrate kibble or canned, consider something more natural like RAW.

My last GSD was wild on high carb kibble- switched over to a raw diet and was a changed dog.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Even without a trainer, use structure in your home. Utilize a crate, make sure he knows what you expect. Be clear and consistent with him. He's still so young but starting out with bad habits will make any training more difficult. My dogs from very young had to sit and wait until I released them to eat. I didn't want out of control dinner times. My youngest would act awful in her crate when I came into left her out. I out-waited her, she wasn't allowed out until she settled. At first those settles were so brief, hard to catch but she caught on fast. Good luck, this too shall pass.

Reactions: Sabis mom and Jax08

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
I got my pup at 12 weeks. All good, totally calm cuddle bug. Stayed that way for some time. Now at 4.5 months has become an explosion. At near 70 pounds all muscle and rip and tear 24/7. Can't destroy, run or create enough havock. Seriously I can't afford more repairs. Help me contain him b4 he's full grown
THANK YOU

We nicknamed Bud the destroyer. I feel your pain. Crate is your friend and clear, consistent structure. Keeping him tethered to you will help and give him a spot where he CAN wreck stuff. I had to get really serious about NILIF. Good chews and mental stimulus will help as well. He will grow up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
When I got my DDR pup at 16 weeks, she was an angel also. I couldn't understand people mentioning that their pups were biting and chewing anything in site.

Between the age of 8-10 months she became a monster and began land sharking and wrecking things.

I have to keep her both mentally and physically active.

She is 13mths almost and is better but it was as though she suddenly realised that she was a puppy and thought hey I should start acting like one

I hope to start her in mantrailing soon.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts