German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are different DDR lines and just out of curiosity wanted to know in general terms what are the differences? I always see the Grafental lines but don't hear of others.

I came across this breeder and just wanted to know the differences in the lines?

Google Translate

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I can't get into the link,,is it Stasi kennel? I WANT ONE OF THOSE DOGS! LOL..they are stunning..

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
they look like 'bears' LOL,,if it's the kennel I mentioned:)

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
So different DDR dogs and line.... I have a chart on my laptop that is not here right now, with the surviving bloodlines. I am sure you can google it.
Please excuse the spelling:
Baldo Wolkenstein, Lord Gleisdrieick, Don Rolandsteich, Robby Glockeneck, Ingo Rudingen, Held and Henk Ritterberg, Alk Osterburg Quell are a few.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
From what I understand from lurking on PDB, there is a show/working split in the Eastern line as well, although it's not nearly as pronounced as the West German lines. I was told that the Grafental and Haus Iris lines (which predominate in my dog's pedigree) are more show-oriented DDR lines. I don't know how true this is; it's only what I was told.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Ace, I stumbled across the following links a while back when doing some research about the time a got my dog. They break things down according to line numbers, somewhat similar to how Jinopo breaks down the Czech lines:

DDR Bloodline Info - East German Shepherd Pups DDR
DDR Zuchtlinien

If I am not mistaken, most of the "pure" ddr bloodlines being bred now are from line 13A.

The Vom Domburgerland website (Boban VDGVM's first owner) used to have a forum with a ton of information and good discussions about DDR bloodlines in the older posts. Unfortunately, it got infected by a virus, the owner had no back up, and everything was lost. If you dig around the DDR Legends forum there is some good information as well in the old posts.

My knowledge is limited so hopefully someone knowledgeable like Cliff will jump in.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
From what I understand from lurking on PDB, there is a show/working split in the Eastern line as well, although it's not nearly as pronounced as the West German lines. I was told that the Grafental and Haus Iris lines (which predominate in my dog's pedigree) are more show-oriented DDR lines. I don't know how true this is; it's only what I was told.

Yep. Baldo Wolkenstein was the 1989 Sieger.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
The dogs I have seen and liked-- not nervy, sound working temperament, brains, AND good looking, have gone back to Held/Henk/Golf Ritterberg, to the Haus Himpel dogs, and Robby Glockeneck. I was told that Robby was "just a normal dog"--- that is what his owner said. I kind of like that.:)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Grafental being "show" dogs - are you kidding? The Grafental dogs I am familiar are very well balanced working dogs.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info!! I am looking at seeing how and where the split really formed.

Jakoda, yes Stasi kennels.
if the link doesn't work you can google, gsd.ru and when it comes up, just hit the "translate this page" button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to start an old thread back up, but does anyone have more info on diff DDR lines?
It might be too big of an ask, but if I can’t ask here, I don’t think I’ll find the answer anywhere else.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts