German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a DDR GSD and would like to see your DDR dogs. I'd like to see all the variety of colors to get an idea of what is out there. Body shots would be great and if you don't mind include the breeder info (if you have negative feedback about the breeder, please PM me). If you do PP or other sports, I'd like to hear about that too, since these dogs are more than just eye candy!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Check out Kleinen Hain's thread Max wishing you a Merry Christmas-he's 1/2 czech 1/2 DDR-Anja's 1/2 brother-think he's gorgeous (Anja is too)

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Max is 75% DDR and 25% Czech also Ike, Wayra and Yacky is full DDR. Go check them out :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Every time I see DDR, I can't help but imagine a GSD playing Dance Dance Revolution.... LOL

What does DDR stand for, anywho?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what does DDR stand for?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
It means Deutsche Demokratische Republik.

About the East German Shepherd Dog Also referred to as the DDR German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Dog of the former East Germany, the Deutsche Demokratische Republik or "DDR" (1949-1990). The DDR was a political, social, economic, and geographic entity that was physically solidified with the tragically oppressive construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961, and which began its political and physical dissolution with the history-making and liberating fall of that barrier on November 9, 1989.

Just as the geo-political entity formerly known as the "DDR" no longer exists today, the "DDR German Shepherd Dog" is a historical relic of a bygone time and place, and it no longer exists today. Rather, the generations of true "DDR" bloodlines are limited to a span of roughly four decades of breeding and development in the former East Germany. These bloodlines may be found in the third, fourth, and further generations back in the pedigrees of working, sporting, and companion dogs found around the world today. These modern representatives of the German Shepherd Dog breed, with a genetic heritage in the former DDR bloodlines, have their true provenance determined by the place of their actual birth.

http://www.ddrlegends.com/

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Here is Dodge, breeder no longer breeding but his 'dad' came from vonhena-c

And here is Masi, wanda's "max" daughter x helga eurosportu

·
Registered
74 Posts
It means Deutsche Demokratische Republik.

About the East German Shepherd Dog Also referred to as the DDR German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Dog of the former East Germany, the Deutsche Demokratische Republik or "DDR" (1949-1990). The DDR was a political, social, economic, and geographic entity that was physically solidified with the tragically oppressive construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961, and which began its political and physical dissolution with the history-making and liberating fall of that barrier on November 9, 1989.

Just as the geo-political entity formerly known as the "DDR" no longer exists today, the "DDR German Shepherd Dog" is a historical relic of a bygone time and place, and it no longer exists today. Rather, the generations of true "DDR" bloodlines are limited to a span of roughly four decades of breeding and development in the former East Germany. These bloodlines may be found in the third, fourth, and further generations back in the pedigrees of working, sporting, and companion dogs found around the world today. These modern representatives of the German Shepherd Dog breed, with a genetic heritage in the former DDR bloodlines, have their true provenance determined by the place of their actual birth.

www.ddrlegends.com :: Where the REAL Working Dogs Unite

This is exactly correct.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Here is my DDR dog Wolfie. He's 1 year old 100 % DDR. He is from Ryanhaus Kennels in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
i absolutely love their coloring. My favorite among GSD's. My "future" boy will be DDR, czech, or both

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Here's my V Xita v Ludwigseck, KK1a, Sch1 (more pics at the link)--I imported her last summer. She's all DDR bloodlines. I took these pictures on Monday this week. :)

This is a Xita daughter, Oda, out of Xita's litter with Laruh v Grafental (for the curious, Laruh's mom is a litter-sister to Puck), so she's also from all DDR bloodlines--she's about 5 months old in this picture.

You can see a bunch more pics of the pups at Picasa Web Albums - C Kemper - O-Litter

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
She is gorgeous Christine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
christine they are both gorgeous !!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks! I'm delighted with Xita and her puppies. I feel lucky to have found her. And, I think, she feels lucky to be here too--she seems really happy here. It's been fun watching her get comfortable here. She'd obviously been a housedog before and had impeccable house manners--but she wasn't allowed on the furniture or to jump up for hugs. So, a few weeks ago, when she cautiously pulled herself up onto the sofa to snuggle while I watched TV, I was grinning from ear to ear to watch her test this "new" freedom.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Here is mine. She is 3/4 DDR and 1/4 Czech. She will be 3 in March.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts