German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
5,218 Posts
at 8 weeks there is no need to train any commands. She is new and all you need to do is make her trust you and bond. You are doing well with the house breaking by paying attention to her schedule. My opinion is to feed her high quality puppy kibble with a little rice in it. She won't let herself starve so don't be too anxious if she doesn't eat much for a couple days. Keep learning her needs and adapting to them and she will trust you and bond. Then gradually she will learn and adapt to yours. Dogs love a routine. Our puppy was shy and her system was out of kilter when we got her but we all worked together and we were in a groove within a week. Now it's fun all the time!

· Banned
5,218 Posts
Agreed, work on sit, but don't push it. The bonding and name-learning is first. Learning to sit is easier than learning to come (I think) and it is easier to teach her to come from a sit.
In this forum you will never have to worry about an abundance of 'advice', but trust your own instincts. << --- my advice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.