German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we did great. I think we might have this under control now.
The mesh harness seems to be the best thing for walking. I guess she feels more secure with that on. I picked up a martingale collar from the petstore ( after I already ordered one but they are so reasonably priced I just got it)..I think it's a little too big even on the tightest setting ( and that was a medium)...so I'll see if she grows into that.

we walked about 1/2 a mile to and 1/2 mile back ...again used the small bits of hot dogs and took my son ( the slow walker) with us. NO PULLING..NONE! We are using the word SLOW when she starts getting ahead of us...for the most part she walked right in between us...again we practiced the sitting/stay/ while we walked. She's getting to know I want her to sit when a car goes by.

now she's playing with her busy buddy mushroom that came in the mail today...OMG ..best toy EVER! I figure I can do her 1/4 cup of kibble that she gets extra during the day in that and let her mess with it all day.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sounds like it's working out for you. Glad to hear it. They learn and they are so easy to train.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
sounds GREAT!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts