German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow we never expected Molly to re cooperate so fast! She is literally bouncing of the walls. We have her on a leash trying to keep her from running or jumping but its so hard! She keeps stealing our sock, pillows, blanket.... trying to get us to chase her and play. We find it very humorous but I have no clue how we will get threw the next 10 days only day 2 and her energy level is threw the roof. We are so thankful the she is showing no signs of complication!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow we never expected Molly to re cooperate so fast! She is literally bouncing of the walls. We have her on a leash trying to keep her from running or jumping but its so hard! She keeps stealing our sock, pillows, blanket.... trying to get us to chase her and play. We find it very humorous but I have no clue how we will get threw the next 10 days only day 2 and her energy level is threw the roof. We are so thankful the she is showing no signs of complication!
LOL, that is wonderful!!
Miss Molly, aren't you aware you have stitches honey??

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Glad to hear Molly is doing so great, trying to keep them from running and jumping was always the hardest for me to. I even took my lab out on a leash to potty to keep her from over doing it. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ah yes, I remember Shadow doing this to. Shadow seamed to have even more energy than usual. We provided lots of new quiet toys, we played "find it" in the house, she was given lots to chew on. In the end she was going so crazy and driving us crazy to, lol. To make matters worse she got a small infection so she had to stay quiet even longer :(. Hope you have better luck. Although it's good to hear Molly isn't suffering and has bounced back so quickly. :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
LOL........A 5 gallon pail of peanut butter and a bunch of Kongs.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear Molly is doing so great, trying to keep them from running and jumping was always the hardest for me to. I even took my lab out on a leash to potty to keep her from over doing it. :)
We have been taking Molly out for potty on the leash and she tries to run around like a lunatic almost pulling my arm out of the socket:crazy:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,782 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know its difficult but do your best to keep her from getting too
worked up. Abby didnt start getting antsy until the 3rd day.
By the 4th day she was going ballistic. On the morning of the 5th
day I found blood all over her bed and rushed her to the vet.
She spent the next three days in the hospital.

When I brought her home after that she crashed out for 2 days.
I think she knew she had to rest.

Take her for lots of short walks. But no running or jumping.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know its difficult but do your best to keep her from getting too
worked up. Abby didnt start getting antsy until the 3rd day.
By the 4th day she was going ballistic. On the morning of the 5th
day I found blood all over her bed and rushed her to the vet.
She spent the next three days in the hospital.

When I brought her home after that she crashed out for 2 days.
I think she knew she had to rest.

Take her for lots of short walks. But no running or jumping.
thank you we will be sure to keep a tight leash on her!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Keep her calm...if needed sedate! On day 13 Mia developed complications and needed a drain on her spay site...she only spent one night in the ER Vet, but this added another two weeks to her recovery. We kept her on a low dose of sedation meds and got through it!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Freyja wanted to play the soon as she woke up from surgery, and it only got worse from there. I purposely left her at the clinic for 2 more days so if she did do something to herself help was right there. (future father-in-law so she knew everyone there and I was there every evening). I was so afraid she was going to blow a stitch. When I got her home I went out and bought several soup bones and put them in the freezer. One frozen bone would occupy her for 5+ hours. When she would finish the bone we would slowly walk around the house 3 times. I spent most of the other time working on training with her. Other than that peanut butter filled kongs are the best. I'm amazed she didn't get fat during that time.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I always spay my females and have never had any trouble (crossing fingers) lol. You just need to stop her from jumping on couches and things. Make sure her bedding is clean and she stays dry (no bath). Maybe she is hyper because she is nervous or in pain?
Kong with peanut butter should do it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you all for your great advice!:)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
My Molly was the same way! Still is hyper but is maturing.

·
Registered
330 Posts
LOL........A 5 gallon pail of peanut butter and a bunch of Kongs.
haha yeah! i remember when Zeb got neutered. we did pretty much that. Anything to keep him calm. >.< Was so hard! Good luck! It will be over soon.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
When Jamie was spayed she also was bouncing off the walls. I had to tether her to me to keep her movements to a minimum. She healed wonderfully and her sutures came out on day 8. I don't know what I would have done to keep her still if it had not been for the tethering.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I agree...keep her on a leash when outside and definitely keep her from jumping on the bed or couch. Lots of walks too!

Glad she is feeling so well!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Great news she is feeling better!!! :) Molly was the same, we just did HEAPS of really small, slow on lead walks. Good luck! aybe you could use this time to teach her some new tricks?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great news she is feeling better!!! :) Molly was the same, we just did HEAPS of really small, slow on lead walks. Good luck! aybe you could use this time to teach her some new tricks?
Hi Bianca:) Thats a great idea I have the day off today and wifey is gone back to work:p ha ha I got the better end of the deal she took Wednesday and Thursday off and I got Friday. Long weekend for me:groovy: how is your little Moo doing?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts