German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dax went in to the vet and spent a little less than $300 today. Man he sure can shop! lol. He's officially diagnosed with pano. Instead of the vet being 95% sure, she's now 100% sure it's pano. They have a radiologist in once a month to review all the xrays just in case they miss something but she says the xrays are pretty clear cut for Dax. From my limited knowledge and what I can see, yup.

Sorry, I have a picture disc but I'm not able to pull the pictures off and onto my computer so you'll have to settle for a picture of a picture. They're cell pictures but they're not bad.

Also his elbows and hips look really good! Prelims in March but here are the hips and elbows. 7.5 months old. Whatcha think?

Left Elbow

Right elbow

Hips

They love him at the vets office. Everyone kept telling me how awesome he was.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
This is going to sound weird, but after dealing with Thor's HOD, I'm so glad that Dax "just" has pano. Hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
great news !!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is going to sound weird, but after dealing with Thor's HOD, I'm so glad that Dax "just" has pano. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Yeah he's been good the last couple days thankfully. She even felt all over his legs and said he didn't do anything to indicate pain at the time. Just wagged his tail and acted his typical goofy self. For this round, he's feeling better.

great news !!!!

I literally breathed a sigh of relief that it was JUST pano and nothing else. She was afraid he may have some chipped cartilage or something but nope. Least now we know for certain exactly what's up and can manage it.

Hips look good. Was he sedated for these? Vet did a nice job with the positioning.

Yeah he was sedated. They usually sedate for xrays because it's easier to get what they need to get but they made sure I was okay with him being sedated. I laughed and told them that he doesn't like being restrained and hasn't mastered being calm when someone shows him any kind of attention yet so sedation is the ONLY way they'll get what they want from him. I'd be curious what his hips will come back as on his prelims in March! I think they look pretty darn good but I'm not an expert lol.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I was worrying about the chipped cartilage to,,so glad it's 'only' pano:)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was worrying about the chipped cartilage to,,so glad it's 'only' pano:)

Oh yeah. Of all the possibilities, it REALLY could have been a worse diagnosis.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump!

Anyone with more experience tell me what they think? Hips and elbows look good to me but I'm still learning.

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
I think they look good(not real versed on what looks 'bad' elbow-wise!) Glad he only has Pano and that you got shots of the xrays to share! :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they look good(not real versed on what looks 'bad' elbow-wise!) Glad he only has Pano and that you got shots of the xrays to share! :)

I'm glad they came out as well as they did on my phone! Now to just see about making it easier on him and getting that muscle back in the leg. Three weeks of various degrees of use, mainly as little as possible really drops that tone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts