German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am working on capturing data to help with DM research (degenerative myelopathy). Those of you who have had a DM dog know how hideous this disease is with no cure and not a lot in the way of treatment. Watching a healthy beloved furkid slowly become paralyzed and not being able to do much to stop it is a nightmare I will never forget and do not wish on anyone.

We really need surveys from non-DM GSD (as well as DM GSD of course) to make the data meaningful. Please, please, anyone with GSD - whether DM or not - can you take just a few minutes to fill out the survey and help the fight against DM?

http://www.thedmdatabase.com

Thanks in advance - this is so important for the health of GSD who have been affected for too long and too often by this insidious disease!

Tamar (in honor of Angel Jake)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

This survey is being done in collaboration with Dr. Clemmons and hopefully the data will benefit his research. It is essentially his survey I have posted online. The hard part (as always) is getting enough data to be a reasonable sample size.

Thanks!

Tamar

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!! And thanks to all who filled it out as well. Hopefully when we analyze it we will learn something!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts