German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cat Kitty is such a tease. She loves to taunt Abigail every chance she gets. Kitty walked all around the top, twitching her tail while looking down at her. Poor Abigail just wants to play with her and is actually very respectful and gentle when she does get close enough to her.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Cute your lucky she is gentle everytime Argos sees our cat he goes nuts and is not very gentle

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Kitties can be redirected. Not as easily as dogs, but I think I would remove my kitty if she were being a tease. It's rude! Lucky for you you have a patient pup ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If she's outside when Abigail is going for a potty break we make her go inside, but otherwise we'll let them be during play time. She'll dart to the trees edges which puppy can touch but isn't allowed in, bouncing out and in tagging her. I think Kitty is still seeing how much she can trust her since its her first real experience with a dog. Now, while Abigials momma was friendly with cats, but her dad had a high prey drive and couldn't be trusted too close to cats.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, for whatever reason this pic came out making her look more red then she is, she's slightly less red. This makes her look about 2/8 th redder then she is. Even weirder is it made Kitty less red then she is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so cute, looks like kitty is higher on the totem pole :)
Yes, which we don't mind, we want Abigail to respect cats and small critters which Kitty is actually helping with. We'll address the taunting if it gets to the point it causes issues, but even when she jumps down, Abigail is good. Usually it starts when the puppy gets too excited and bouncy, forcing her to calm and be patient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts