German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. I'm very new to this forum.. I have read so much on this forum and it's such a great sorce of info. I have just adopted a pup.. He has been through a bit.. He had ringworms when he was two months.. But brought him to vet and got him some medicated shampoo..and his tail is looking so much better.. Also about three weeks ago he was diagnosed with cocydia and hookworms...we got medicine for him and now he so much better at 4 months old..the vet says is poop is a little dark.. When we first got him, he was eating iams.. I switched to canidae chicken. His poop was the same color as the kibble and a bit soft( that's when we went to get a check up).. We had switched him to canidae salmon for about three weeks or during his meds and poop was hard and dark..or the same color as the kibble.. My vet said that it should be that dark..I was just assuming that being the kibble was dark so his poop will be dark as well.. And ever since he was on the canidae salmon, he has been such a active and playful dog..So I believe he's fine but need other opinions.. Thanks
hoshi

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
There is dark poop, and then black tarry poop. I believe a darker poop is fine. black tar like poop is not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts