1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
232 Posts
i actually had that same one for my very very active 4 month old golden retriever. i put it on her when we were travelling the 3 hour car ride to the airport. shes was quiet in her crate on the way there, which she never is. so it did work,but not as long as they claim it does. i put it on her after she got off the plane, and she was just as nutso as ever, which of course could be due to the fact she was just in a crate for a 8 hour flight...but even after she had time to settle in, i didnt see any difference with the collar on. each dog might react differently to it though, i know the price i paid (bought it through my vet) i wouldnt buy it again.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wisc.Tiger The spray is good probably but not when outside in the big scary world, Jesse is afraid of cars - and we have tried since he was 8 weeks old trying to get him over the fear of cars driving on the road, in parking lots, in driveway, or even riding in one. We have done everything everybody has suggested with socialization. Nothing is working so far.

Mels_Kids thanks for that link I will look into it.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wisc. Tiger, thanks for that idea. A friend of mine in US sent me one collar (free) to try, also half a bottle of spray but spray expired 03/08 and isn't helping so far after 3 days on his bedding in his cage (some separation anxiety). And sprayed it in the van seating but still anxiety in van. Collar is on now and we will see in 2 weeks if that helps.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a DAP collar on Jesse now and I am told that I probably won't see full results for two week which means around April 17 or 18 and I will post if he is much better with cars.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update well the DAP collar didn't do any help, spray either. But now that warmer weather has arrived and we can spend more time around the vans during the day and play around them and also feeding him in it, he has gotten a whole lot better, still drools but no where near the same amount and sometimes not at all so we are making headway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts