German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jax has a habit of hinting to me that he'd like to go for a walk by bringing up my boots or his leash, etc... Whatever it takes for me to get the hint.
This afternoon I noticed he brought up one boot... then the other... he even took my coat off the hook and dragged it up... I didn't feel like going out quite yet so I told him "get my mittens and you've got a deal sir.", knowing that my mittens were in the garage from this morning and everything else was cleaned up so there was nothing else he could bring up or cause trouble with. He stared at the wall as he does when he's thinking and he disappears upstairs. What does he come back with? A pair of mittens from the laundry room!
Dammit!
:gsdbeggin:

·
Registered
929 Posts
woooww smart dog!! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jax has a habit of hinting to me that he'd like to go for a walk by bringing up my boots or his leash, etc... Whatever it takes for me to get the hint.
This afternoon I noticed he brought up one boot... then the other... he even took my coat off the hook and dragged it up... I didn't feel like going out quite yet so I told him "get my mittens and you've got a deal sir.", knowing that my mittens were in the garage from this morning and everything else was cleaned up so there was nothing else he could bring up or cause trouble with. He stared at the wall as he does when he's thinking and he disappears upstairs. What does he come back with? A pair of mittens from the laundry room!
Dammit!
:gsdbeggin:
Wonderful!! I've always been fascinated by the things our dogs understand and remember. Our last male always knew exactly where he'd left his one favorite toy. He'd disappear and we'd hear him head up the stairs and a few minutes later he'd be back dropping and catching his favorite rubber ball. I haven't ever had one bring me my things but that would be pretty cool!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Holy. Cow. I would be scared. That is amazing.

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
LOL!!! Guess you will have your exercise. Glad to know you have someone good in charge in your household.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure it was coincidence and he remembered mittens make me go outside and where he saw a pair, but I still felt compelled to take him outside... Just in case... He knows where I keep my credit cards too... :paranoid:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Holy cow that is a smart dog!!!

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
Good thing he cannot turn the computer on. He might be ordering all kinds of stuff on line. He may even cancel that dog class and prong collar order.... he he he!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
You must remember to hide the car keys. I'm thinking your vehicle insurance company won't be as impressed as we are!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts