German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, any German Shepherd owners in Plano/Richardson area? (This is Dallas, Texas). Trying to do a meetup. Would like to have my GSD socialize more with other dogs and get exercise. Wouldnt mind dog boarding for FREE once in a while so my dog can get exercise too. Would like to connect please to learn more about how you take care of your dog and share ideas.

Thanks,

Amer

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I was just talking to another person on here who was from that area, if you're still around next year, I may be moving to Plano and would totally be down for a meetup, I might be visiting sometime this summer as well with my gsd :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Think Mego may be talking about me.........
I live in North Dallas, near Addison.
I'm amazed that our city, as big as it it, has no active GSD club. The closest is Fort Worth and that club has been around 50 years and is solid.

How old is you GSD?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think Mego may be talking about me.........
I live in North Dallas, near Addison.
I'm amazed that our city, as big as it it, has no active GSD club. The closest is Fort Worth and that club has been around 50 years and is solid.

How old is you GSD?
Sprout, my GSD is 10 months old. Call me at 1-630-234-2637 sometime after 4pm tomorrow or whenever. I might need some GSD tips and so forth. I want my dog to get more social. (Actually anyone from DFW area can call whoever has a GSD). I am not trying to start any formal club but wanting to connect.

Amer

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
We use to have an unoffcial meetup in Mckinney with about a dozen gsd's...30 acres with ponds and we did some light obedience before socialization. There were a few other breeds in there as well. About a year ago it ended as the gal that owned the property went through a divorce.

I'm not on here much anymore but this thread caught my eye. We've done a couple of hikes with Emoore and Ozzy but it's been while. I had thought about trying to get something together again. I'm by Oakpoint Nature Reserve and there is open land up the street from me that I hike and let mine off leash.

If you guys want to arrange something on a regular basis let me know and we'll figure something out. I've got some friends on the SAR team that would be interested if it's not during their training window.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Hey, I'm east of there but would love to take a drive to meet all of you. Stosh loves to play with any and all dogs, but especially gsds! Keep me posted

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GWB and Renner

I am by George Bush and Renner in East Plano, Texas. If you all want, we can meet at some off-leash Doggy Park. Also, if you want, we can meet at Beckenridge Park (Richardson, TX) this Thursday at 7pm. That park is good and a lot of kids who love GSD's come there. Just a coincidence.

Thanks. - Amer:hug:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I don't do dog parks. I offleash hike right up the street from where I live. I'll get back with on Thursday in Richardson.

·
Registered
226 Posts
New here. We live walking distance from breck. Park
just rescued a 1 yr old gsd.
Are ya'll still meeting in the park?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New here. We live walking distance from breck. Park
just rescued a 1 yr old gsd.
Are ya'll still meeting in the park?

I am out of town but will be back in Plano/Richardson area mid august. We can get together. I live 1.5 miles from Beckenridge park. It would be great to connect.

Thanks,

Amer
cell: 630-234-2637

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm in the garland firewheel area, my wife and I would love to meet up with everybody!

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I bookmarked the blog. Although I am about 3 hours north I might try to drive down every now and then. :)

What a great idea!

·
Registered
226 Posts
We really enjoyed the trek today!!!
I would have taken pics, but clumsy me fell and broke my [email protected]&/$:):$:&/

Looking forward to the next meet up.
Pleasure to meet everyone and their fur kids.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts