Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Dakoda's coloring is still confusing me. I was wondering if, now that she's older, anybody could give a general guess on what her coloring is? :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would say sable?She has a tinge of red in her ears on my computer? Anyway she's a great looking girl! Did you regester her? What color did you put down?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say sable?She has a tinge of red in her ears on my computer? Anyway she's a great looking girl! Did you regester her? What color did you put down?
Well I call her hodgepodge right now. I never registered her because I couldn't figure out her coloring. But ya she has reddish/brown ears with darker tinging. And thank you :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well I call her hodgepodge right now. I never registered her because I couldn't figure out her coloring. But ya she has reddish/brown ears with darker tinging. And thank you :)
Well that kinda answers it doesn't it? If she has red in her she isn't black and tan then is she...or can she? Just asking, I'm sure a pro will answer. I do know some that say their dog is Bi-color but their not according to the defination. I'm curious to know the answer.

·
2,967 Posts
She's black and tan- no question. Silver and cream are just subjective variations on the intensity of the shade of the tan color. Looks to me that with her white feet, inner legs, etc she has bright points.

My bet is that she'll be a faded black and tan with bright points. How much her saddle will continue to fade will not be apparent until she is older.

From this website... Illustrated Standard of the German Shepherd Dog, COLOR & PIGMENT

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Black and tan saddle back with a nice dark mask.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Not sable or bicolor. You could call her black and silver or black and cream, but you'll never go wrong with calling her black and tan. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I would most definitely label her a black and tan (cream is more accurate but it is just a variation of tan).

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I would most definitely label her a black and tan (cream is more accurate but it is just a variation of tan).
Agreed.
B&T. She certainly has changed color a lot, no wonder about the confusion.
Maybe she will change again.

What are her parents?

Mine has a sable mom and B&T sire. She started out very B&T but is now getting more sable-looking although she is still black and tan.
:cool:

·
Registered
929 Posts
black and tan with a blanket back!! :) and perty black mask

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed.
B&T. She certainly has changed color a lot, no wonder about the confusion.
Maybe she will change again.

What are her parents?

Mine has a sable mom and B&T sire. She started out very B&T but is now getting more sable-looking although she is still black and tan.
:cool:
Her mother was a pure white shepherd, dad was a black & tan with bright points. She also had a pure black grandmother on the dad's side. And there was a sable male related to the father onsight as well. Lol! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts