German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've started our new GS pup on Nature's Variety Raw chicken recently, really loves the medallions. I've seen posts that state he should consume up to 2 pnds a day. Guidance on the bag says 8-10 medallions a day(16 medallions per pound) for pups that weigh around 30 pounds--which is were he is now.

That's less than 2 pounds, closer to a pound a day. He's filled out quite a bit after a week on the NV. Don't want to overfeed him and have him grow too fast for obvious reasons. At the same time want to make sure he's getting enough!!

Does a pound to a pound and a half of NV raw food daily suffice or should I be giving him more.

Thanks in advance!

Rex1

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Go by what the package says--they have a better idea of the calories in the food. The "2 pounds a day" rule of thumb is for the prey-style raw diet that many of us feed from meat and bones from the grocery store. The NV medalions may be more dense (perhaps they have less water ?) --I don't know. But go by thier recommendation as a starting point. And, as always, watch the pup. You don't want a roly-poly puppy. Pups should look like miniature adults. You should be able to feel ribs and see a waist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts