German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I’m hoping that some of you have some excellent suggestions for what I am currently in the process of researching and looking for. I am in a research frenzy at the moment, knowing around this time next year I will be getting another German Shepherd.

At 21 years old, I am finally able to make the commitment to training and competing, and after having my GSD Sasha for 12 years – I know another GSD is what I will be getting. I am looking for a solid dog, undecided for male and female (any suggestions on sex would be appreciated too) preferably from Czech/Working lines. I am looking for high trainability, drive as I intend to make a future out of personal protection and Schutzhund. Potentially agility or obedience as well, so I am looking for a breeder that has well rounded dogs. This dog will be around animals, kids, often in cars and will compete to hopefully be titled.

I also will be moving out of the city into the country and at this time will have finished my degree in Veterinary Technology. This is exciting! However I’m having a harder time finding working line dogs, I dislike the American bred dogs with the heavy back slope. When we bought Sasha she was from working (herding) lines so she is heavier, stockier and darker coloured. I am looking for something similar… mom tossed the pedigree somewhere in a drawer and I haven’t seen it in years so I can’t even trace her to see if anyone breeds her siblings etc.

Any suggestions with regards to breeders in Canada or close in the United States. Traveling is never an issue, I am just doing my research before I make a huge commitment within the next year or so.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If you go to the link in my signature "KW GSD Club" there is a section on the website that has recommended breeders for our area.

I would also visit a few schH clubs near you to get a feel for the dogs of the lines you like. I would visit Scaraborough, Synergy Working Dog Club, Capital City and Niagara. Your also welcome to visit our club but the only Czech dog there is my girl who is 1/2 Czech and 1/2 WL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts