German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard negative comments on this topic and certainly some where linebreeding not necessarily a good thing.

Wondering what the common knowledge is concerning longevity and health for some of the Czech dogs or CzechxEast German dogs who might be already backmassed in pedigrees and those going forward.

And who might those dogs be?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
My experience so far with older dogs......

Eric od Agnesky. Son of Grim z Ps. Euthanized at 14 due to bloat.

Pecora vom Enckhausen. Stormfront's Brawnson daughter. 11 and still strong. Had somd cancerous tumors removed at 7 and 9.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Buddy and Shadow both UKC registered Czech lines... Shadow died at 9 due to DM but Buddy is still going strong at 11. Sire was John Henry a SAR dog out of Arizona.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about directly (I have heard about issues with too much line-breeding on Grim)

Grim z PS and
Stormfront's Brawnson?

We see a lot of them in pedigrees-that is sure good for some of their "get"

Also I see a good bit in my own pedigrees which I think are heavily used in a lot of pedigrees:

Cordon an sat
Tom z PS

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I have heard people comment on Czech dogs having bad/soft/pitted teeth. The only dog I personally have seen with bad teeth was a daughter of Pirol van't Enclavehof.

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
Our two previous GSD lived until 12 (controlled pancreatitis) and 11
from old lines: ZM, ZVV3, IPO3, PO, ZLP2, ÚP, PSH1
Ciro z Pohranicni straze CS
CKSP/1209

Our current male is 5, no health problems (so far :fingerscrossed:) very muscled, strong teeth, powerful dog, large but extremely agile, is the son of a Tom Z PS daughter.

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Alk v Osterberg Quell lived to be past 14 - DDR Lord son

My Alk daughter was 12.5....she was a Pirol Granddaughter and 2-5,5 on Lord....Hemanigo....but I wonder if feeding ProPlan for 1st 3 years had something to do with that....

Ufo v Guy's Hof also lived past 14....Belgian on old DDR lines too....

My only dogs with any significant Czech are the K pups, and they are only 18 months....they have Cordan...

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts