German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Here is our Ghost, now this boy is full DDR Bloodlines
[/img] Now his father was from Faro Policia and mothers sire was Congo Vikar and they were true DDR bloodlines

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Originally Posted By: chuck Now his father was from Faro Policia and mothers sire was Congo Vikar and they were true DDR bloodlines

Ummm.. Chuck... I think you misspoke.

Congo and Faro are both Czech lines. Which as is typical of Czech lines means that further back in the pedigree they go back on quite a few DDR bloodlines, but also some West German lines, including show lines. And of course, all DDR dogs go back to those same West German lines.

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
So what you are saying is that Pohranicni Straze and Policia lines are not DDR lines. And as for show lines Most Czech line have had a little show lines mixed in to improve the czech lines structure, This is what I was told

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Originally Posted By: chuckSo what you are saying is that Pohranicni Straze and Policia lines are not DDR lines.
Correct. They are Czech kennels that breed Czech bloodlines.

Most Czech bloodlines have a heavy DDR line influence a few generations back, and also incorporated western European show and working lines.

Neither kennel, nor Czech lines in general, are strictly DDR.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Lee I'm not sure who the dam is- I'll ask him this Sunday when we train. Yes, he's very serious and very civil. The handler started him on protection work when he was about 2 so he missed out on a lot of foundation work (like mine did as well) but he's adjusted well because of his good nerves. He's a nice dog but he doesn't have a lot of obedience. He can be pretty nasty and he's challenged his handler a couple times where they had to have a "come to Jesus meeting". The one decoy in training we have doesn't like working him because he'll get dirty on you. Part of that is the handler though, he doesn't position himself properly and the dog has come off bites and grabbed the closest thing to him, which is usually a foot. As they say at the club, he's one of the dogs who would "bite you for real"

I'd consider one of these dogs as my next dog for sure. There is another guy near me who breeds for police placement agencies who has some real nice dogs as well and he's not as expensive. He doesn't title the dogs but they all get worked and his lines are proven to work in the real world which is good enough for me. This pup is one of his dogs who he sold to one of our club members, and in a year it will be better than the other dog I posted the pics of. It's having everything done right- imprinting, environmentals, drive building, all done from day 1. It'll be a man stopper when it matures. One of our guys who has placed dogs nationally at PSA said this is the kind of dog that could win you a national title. Here he is at about 6 months old.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chris WildLOL.. see, looking at the photos of that dog he does look DDR to me. DDR dogs aren't usually huge in size, but that dog does have the heavier DDR bone, darker coloration, and what little can be seen of his head looks somewhat DDR too. From his overall look, I actually wouldn't be surprised if I could guess who his sire or grandsire is.
Quanto Jipo Me?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Do you have your dogs pedigree?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts