German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what this is or IF it is OK to be popping ?? :confused:

Noticed a pea sz bump on the shoulder & 1 on top of the tail area. Tail area more like the sz of a sm lima bean.

Well, I decided I would try to squeeze & all this real thick white stuff came out & kept coming out ! :sick: Didn't bother the dog. No blood at the end, but no more white stuff. One time in the past I did this & it did fill back up some & I re-popped.

My thing is, worry about IF I should be popping & also what this is ?

Any ideas ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Apply some antibiotic ointment my lab got one awhile ago that filled, I squeezed, it filled again, I squeezed, and then it went away. Never knew what it was but it stayed gone:)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks ! :)

Anybody have a clue what these are & if ok to squeeze lumps on our dogs ? If I try & nothing comes out or hurts the dog, I stop, but if junk comes out & no hurt to the dog, I keep squeezing junk out. ;)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
It could be a zit or a cyst. Either way I would squeeze it and keep squeezing it. If it's a deeper sort of thing, you could flush it out with an antiseptic cleaner; soap and water work well too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Wolf had the same thing until yesterday for about a month. The vet said that it is often caused by an ingrown hair and to squeeze it. I didn't have the nerve until yesterday and yes, white icky stuff came out and so far the area is now flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts