German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Gunther either has a small cut on his pad or he just cracked it pretty bad. I have been rinsing it with Epsom salt, putting neosporin with pain relief, and wrapping it. Right after I wrapped it he stopped worrying it which was a relief. There isn't anything lodged in there which was a relief as well. If it doesn't look like it's getting better in a couple days I'll be taking him in. Since it wasn't bleeding and he wasn't limping on it (just licking obsessively) I'm not too concerned. :( Just sad that it happened.

What do you guys use to protect their paws? I got the Nutrivet Pad Protection wax but he hates it :( has anyone tried Mushers?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Ouch, poor guy! We use Mushers and like it. He doesn't pay any mind to it.

The Epson salt soak is good. You want to keep it clean and dry. It's kind of amazing how fast their pads heal. Maybe take him out on a leash for a day or two to minimize further injury.

This stuff is really good. Used it on my boys pads when they were injured. It comes out as a fine mist. It seemed to soothe the areas. Don't know if I would run out and buy this stuff but it's good to have on hand.

Vet Aid Products - Purchase

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch, poor guy! We use Mushers and like it. He doesn't pay any mind to it.

The Epson salt soak is good. You want to keep it clean and dry. It's kind of amazing how fast their pads heal. Maybe take him out on a leash for a day or two to minimize further injury.

This stuff is really good. Used it on my boys pads when they were injured. It comes out as a fine mist. It seemed to soothe the areas. Don't know if I would run out and buy this stuff but it's good to have on hand.

Vet Aid Products - Purchase

Thank you :D . I'll look into that :) I used something exactly like that (same ingredients) for my piercings called H2Ocean... I wonder if that would be okay too. It's a sea salt and lysozyme spray.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Gunther's paw is all healed up, just looked like a crack and healed up just fine :) He's stopped licking it when I unwrapped it everytime (he would push my hand out of the way and just lick/chew it) and isn't favoring that leg anymore :) Hooray! He's back to zooming in the backyard and I'll be ordering some Musher's next week hopefully and I get to take him out on walks again :D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
With summer heat we use bag balm every few days, its magical!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts