German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a GSD puppy from a breeder and I've noticed the tip of her tail curls over and for as long as I've had her its never been straight. Im just wondering if she will grow out of it or not? She's about 5 months old.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought a GSD puppy from a breeder and I've noticed the tip of her tail curls over and for as long as I've had her its never been straight. Im just wondering if she will grow out of it or not? She's about 5 months old.
Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Is it always THAT curled?
There doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it... I think it's to keep it off the ground as they walk :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its always curled that tight in fact she gets caught on things and it doesnt uncurl it will just drag whatever it has like chirstmas tree ornaments.

·
Registered
798 Posts
its always curled that tight in fact she gets caught on things and it doesnt uncurl it will just drag whatever it has like chirstmas tree ornaments.
LOL! :laugh:
I just pictured that, how cute, hehe!

She's a very pretty girl with a very curly tail! :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had a cat with a tail like that, but it had a sort of "kink" right at the bend. She was a stray so we thought it was an injury, but (she was pregnant, we got her spayed after she had them) one of her kittens was born with the same type of bent tail. Maybe just genetic?

·
Registered
240 Posts
It will not go away; it will stay the same or get even curlier. If they have it at 8 weeks it is very unlikely that it will go away as it does in some breeds.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yes the curly tail that Jessie shows is a fault and not uncommon. It looked to me that yours had a crook or curl towards the end which is why I mentioned a possible break. Your pic is a sitting down shot so it's hard to tell exactly where the curl is.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Our first dog was a non-GSD with a curly tail. We swore we would never again get a dog whose a$$hole we would be looking at for 13 years.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Our first dog was a non-GSD with a curly tail. We swore we would never again get a dog whose a$$hole we would be looking at for 13 years.
Lol! You would have hated my husbands last dog...it was disgusting!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Well, for one thing, her butt is the last thing I want to look at, and its very clean. I don't touch it either. It doesn't bother me one bit.No one is forcing me to look at it either, and its not up 24/7.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its normal, just a fault. My female GSD also has a curly tail, I think it adds to her personality.

Here is my girl:

My dog's tail doesn't curl over her back its straight but curls at the bottom of it... I would get a pic of her standing but I can never get her to move away from me long enough to take a picture lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts