German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm trying to get a honest opinion from members who know type ,conformation and what not.oso is from a line of gsds from i believe german and russian breeders,acero is from a breeder in new york with lines from scotland ect i plan to show and am quite new to showing.anyways curious to know what other breeders think.cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Cute dogs..

Is the darker one a GSD or a Mal?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i think the darker one is a sable GSD. They're both very nice dogs. I like the stack on the puppy. I'm by no means an expert but i think it would be beneficial for the dog/pup to be looking straight instead of the head tilted away from center. Both are great looking dogs though.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Both cute dogs, the one light colored one looks really soft.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
you're daughters an excellent handler i see :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I thought the same thing, but it's not a color I have seen on a GSD... interesting marks/coloration, looked like a mix to me...

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Sable puppies change a lot from puppies until they mature. He could just be going through a funky color phase right now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi yes the red/mahogany sable girl came from new york though her sire is from scotland.shes pure as well.shes bred by mary cummings from stonemeadow kennels.very nice woman.oso the the big male is a sweet heart too.thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
I'm thinking your sable girl has more the 'look' of a show dog. But depends on what venue you are showing and how she grows up !

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I was thinking she was a Red Sable, either way she will be beautiful when she gets older! I can't wait to see her as she grows!

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Didn't Mary import a dog from England not to long ago? I met her once. Very nice lady and she was telling me how long she looked. She finally found a kennel in England that had just what she was looking for.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

·
2,967 Posts
I agree, I've never seen a GSD with a color like that :confused:
It's just a red sable puppy!! Beautiful!

Tag was red like that as a puppy...And then his big boy hair came in!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts