German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I’m not quite looking for a puppy just yet but I am passively interested in these two dogs.

I like how the dogs look, but I’m not very knowledgeable on the dogs behind the dogs. I recognize a few names in there but I’m not sure how they’d add up with each other.

Ideally, if I were to jump on this litter, it would be for an IPO and later PSA prospect. I have another breeder on the visit list (litters are late 2019/early 2020)who I’ve met and like. I am in no rush whatsoever.

The litter is a dual sired litter. Not born yet.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/breeding.result?father=2402349&mother=2102713

Dam: Mystique du Kazulani

Sires: Arek von der Wedeme / Iwan vom Poppitz.

I think the sires belong to Weberhaus. Any information on what these dogs may produce would be wonderful!

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
The breeder should explain to you the reason for the dual sired litter....both males are very good dogs, reproduce well(I know someone that has used both), but again, the female plays into that as well.
Is this breeder experienced? If so, trust the breeder to give you a pup that you want for your goals.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
It is sometimes very hard to comment on a pedigree as it steps on people's toes....

I am all about risk.....I do not do breedings with any dog that I feel gives me a high risk of poor hips or temperament....

Do more research.

Lee

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dual sired litter? I don't know anyone who has done that intentionally although it is biologically possible. Iwan is more than 11 y.o. Did they breed the female with Arek after the tie with Iwan because they weren't sure of fertility? Or was the 2nd tie an ooops? I have no comment on the OP just curious to the background of the dual sire nature because it is rare to do it on purpose.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Dual sired litter? I don't know anyone who has done that intentionally although it is biologically possible. Iwan is more than 11 y.o. Did they breed the female with Arek after the tie with Iwan because they weren't sure of fertility? Or was the 2nd tie an ooops? I have no comment on the OP just curious to the background of the dual sire nature because it is rare to do it on purpose.
Weberhaus is a totally reputable breeder, I cannot see an oops happening. Dual sired seems to be more and more common. A breeder would need to explain the reasoning. The one breeder that I know did it for exactly the reason you described. Her one stud was aging. None of the pups born were his anyway. I guess if both breedings take you are diversifying genetics in fewer litters for the female but I really don't know why it's done.

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
I have a friend with a dual sired litter right now. It’s the dam’s last litter and they chose two sires. DNA testing will sort it out. I read somewhere that Rumor’s litter was dual sired.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Shepdad - I know the breeder OP is speaking of. I don’t have any advice about temperament or workability for them, but I do know this dual sire was planned.

Although the drives seem to be on the lower end of the scale, she is doing necessary health testing that most people want to see. She has been working her dogs, but I don’t think she has titled one in IPO yet.

The breeders previous litter was sired by Iwan if I remember correctly, so I’m not sure if she used him second (just in case) or what the plan was.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Best bet would be to contact one or both breeders to get accurate information and reasons why they chose to do this breeding. You can then seek out progeny from all three dogs or talk to sibling owners of dogs in question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts