German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Need help with an evaluation and photography of a dog so we can do a "Rescue Blitz" for her. We are not able to take her into Rescue at this time, but do not want her to languish.

She is in a shelter and not getting any attention, she no training whatsoever.. not even "sit", possibly used as a backyard breeder. Shelter wants her to go into rescue as they have little control over protecting her from unsuitable owners (like using her as a guard or outside-only dog).

From what we understand she has a lot of potential, no resource guarding, able to touch all over, no visual or auditory startle response. Just needs a little work with socialization and understanding the big world out there....

We want Chloe to have a life as an inside-family dog... if you are within reasonable distance of Cumberland, MD and can help, please consider helping :).

Kindest,

Ria

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I won't be in Maryland for a few more weeks. Otherwise I'd consider fostering her for a few weeks and working with her. My first PB GSD came to us with zero training and used as a BYB breeder. Has anyone contacted All Shepherd Rescue? They may have some ideas for her or people nearby that can assist.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sent this thread link to another friend in MD. Maybe she knows someone who can assist or may be willing to foster if approved through a rescue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts