German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the old toenail job. The vet runs a special certain Saturdays when the office is closed for charities. $10 bucks for a toenail job.

Let me explain a little about Cujo. Cujo is my Mom's dog. He was 18 weeks old when I neutered him and gave him to my mom. He is a big dog, 29-30 inches at the withers, a lean 84.7 pounds without half his tail -- he and his tail do not fit on the vet scale.

My mother was recovering from colon cancer when she got him. My dad has had several surgeries and my mom another for a blockage, since they got him. They have NEVER taken him to classes, and I can count the times that my dad has walked him on the fingers of one hand.

Three years ago my sister started bringing her babies over. But even that is really seldom. Usually the family decends at Thankgiving and Christmas, and the rest of the time, the dog is around the old folks and me.

So, no training, no socialization, no classes, no doggy day care, no trips to the dog park, no exercise, no walks, no play dates.

The boy turned five in August. He was an absolute dream boat at the vet with the people and the other dogs. After our tonails were done, he met this little dog that looked like a shepherd puppy, but was full grown, and he lay quietly while I talked to a lady. They brought back her beagle mix and she checked him out pretty thouroughly while he lay there quietly.

I dropped the leash when he jumped out of the car, and I quickly called him to me even though there were people walking down the street, he came right to me, then I had him run up onto the porch.

I was so proud of him today. He is such a sweetheart.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Wow that is one good boy for not having any training.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts