German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about a week I've noticed that Violet has a little stuffy nose in the morning. I've been keeping an eye on it and she's been sneezing a little and when she breathes it sounds as if she needs to blow her nose, for lack of a better way to put it. By mid-morning it seems to clear itself out and she's fine.

Today she woke up and sounded the same but she had a little crust on her nose, as if her nose is actually running. It's hard to see in the picture, but it' gray/clear not colored. I am very concerned and made a vet appointment for this afternoon. Does anyone have any experience as to what this may be? Please tell me it's something harmless and some meds will clear it up.

I am overly sensitive with nose issues because we lost our last girl to a nasal tumor that ate through her skull into her brain. I know it's not likely that this is the same issue but I am so worried this will be something serious especially after going to Google and doing some research there.

She will be 6 months next week and has had all her shots.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You might try flushing it with some sterile saline and gently cleaning it with a Q tip that has some vaseline on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts