German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Crown Point, IN | Hope.

Have you ever seen neglect? Have you ever seen a dog a day away from death? Have you ever looked into those eyes and said 'hang on baby, mama's here.' Today by the Grace of God, Hope was brought to us. Approximately 4 years old, this girl weighs 23.6 lbs. That is 23.6lbs A dog of this age and breed should be at least 75. She has an eye infection is emmaciated to a scale of 1 and is loaded with worms.

She was found by a woman who's family members home is vacant. She said to me, I found a dog in the house and I think she is dying. I picked her up and it was like picking up a bag of rice krispies. She is nothing but a skeleton. She spent the day in the office being loved on and brushed, fed and watered. Her spirit is beyond any I have seen. Her sunken dark eyes, say 'thank you'.
To furthur add to Hopes story, a rescue came in for a beagle today (A day late) and saw her and decided there was no way she was staying in the shelter. She called her sister and off she went. Hope is in a foster home, being nursed back to life. Thank you so much, Roberta, Darren and Dawn.. today you outdid yourselves!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
OMG! How could someone let her get so far?! this is just heart breaking!!! and look at her poor feet! that has GOT to be uncomfortable and even painful to try and walk. I'm so glad she's safe in a rescue and i hope her health improves greatly. Poor girl. Want to choke someone now.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think there should be a special place in **** for people who do this. Right next to the people who abuse children. Thank you to those who stepped up for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts